Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thick


I feel you
I don’t know what you’re saying
But I feel you in a way I don’t know how to explain
Your presence is thick in my soul
If I were to try to walk through it my boots would get stuck
I know you’re here
I don’t know how I know except that I can’t sleep
And I feel the words flowing out of my soul
Words that have no form or shape
If I were to try and write them, they would form their own language
Spoken, they only express vague senses and pictures
But my soul wells with emotion and ‘knowing’
And MUST express.
You are thick with me
The bold strokes of your love shadow my world
And all I want to do is bask in your shade

I feel you
I see you
In ways that no one else will understand
Please help me help everyone understand
So that, like heavy marmalade, you can be spread thick on them as well
And sweeten every moment of ‘awake’ that they have.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Beautiful!!! You sound like you're going through a metamorphosis of sorts and changing daily into what you were made to be. Keep writing, it's so 'sweet'.

Janice said...

I love this poem! It moves me and makes me hungry for more!